Sunday, December 1, 2013

Creamy Lemon Chicken Soup

  I have a few recipes that are staples at my house. The kind of stuff that when you make it, people gobble it up and ask for the recipe (yeah, it's THAT good).
  Well, this particular recipe that I'm about to share is one that I got while I was on my mission and it's one of my favs! In fact, every year I celebrate the coming of fall by making this soup, buying a new sweater and warming my pumpkin spice scentsy. I started this tradition several years ago because I'm so in love with the fall season.
  Anyway, my sister Jenny called today and asked for the recipe so I figured I'd share it with whomever might be interested. Enjoy!

Lemon Chicken Soup
12 C. Chicken broth
1/3 C. Lemon Juice
1/4 C Butter
1 Pint Heavy cream
12 oz. Bowtie pasta (or whatever you've got)
1 1/2 C cooked chicken
1 1/2 C. Sliced carrots
3/4 C. Chopped celery
1/4 C. chopped onion (optional)
1/2 C. Flour
1 1/2 C Water
In  a small saucepan combine and heat 1 cup of the chicken broth with lemon juice and butter. Set aside to cool and condense.
In a large pot combine remaining 11 cups of chicken broth, vegetables and pasta, boil until veggies are soft and noodles are cooked then add chicken.
Add heavy cream to lemon mixture and add to soup. Blend flour and water in the blender and add to soup. Season with a little Mrs. Dash and serve warm.
PS, the leftovers are just as good if not better that the first serving!

No comments:

Post a Comment