Friday, November 22, 2013

White Chocolate Banana Cream Pie

  I must be in a pie mood, this time of year always does that to me and this pie happens to be one of my favs!
  I started making Banana cream pie every year for Thanksgiving because it's my dad's favorite, and I hate to admit this, but as an amateur I would fill a pre-made crust with bananas, boxed pudding & cool whip but I'm happy to report that I've come a long way since then.
  This pie is always a win with a hint of white chocolate and creamy custard (which I usually sneak a spoonful or two of before filling the pie) you can't go wrong so without further adieu...


Best ever White chocolate banana cream pie:


¾ C white sugar

3 TBSP cornstarch

¼ tsp salt


2 C. milk

3 egg yolks

2 TBSP butter

3 oz white chocolate chips

1 tsp Vanilla extract

½ tsp banana extract

4 sliced bananas

1 baked 9” pie crust (a graham cracker crust will work too)


In a saucepan combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. Beat together milk and egg yolks and add to saucepan, whisk constantly on med/ high heat until mixture reaches a full boil and thickens. Remove from heat and add butter, white chocolate and extracts, stir until smooth.

Place sliced bananas into pie shell and pour in pudding mixture, chill at least 3 hours, top with whipped cream and serve.
Note:  I top mine with more melted down white chocolate and caramel, but this is totally optional!

No comments:

Post a Comment