Friday, November 22, 2013

Perfect pumpkin pie

  The countdown is on! With Thanksgiving being my favorite holiday I couldn't help but share this pumpkin pie recipe that I've finally mastered. Now I've always liked pumpkin pie but never LOVED it, but I was determined to find a recipe that I would love so I tried several recipes and alas, I have found one, and after a little tweaking, it is in my opinion, perfect! 

Perfect Pumpkin Pie


1 1/2 C pumpkin puree (1 can) fresh pumpkin is even more fabulous if you're feeling ambitious.
1 12 oz. can evaporated milk (cream will work too)
2 eggs
4 oz cream cheese- this is what really makes it
3/4 C white sugar
1 tbsp all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon

1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 unbaked pie crust

Put all of your ingredients into a food processor (a blender or hand mixer works too) then pour it into the pie shell. Bake at 450 for 20 min then drop the temp to 350 and continue baking 40 more minutes. cool completely before serving

Before serving I drizzle a little caramel over it and top with cinnamon whipped cream. This one is fool proof!

  I don't know about y'all but I plan on weighing about 5 lbs more by Black Friday.  (I'll deal with that later), So with that in mind, Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment